Read More: http://www.biteoforegon.com/Sub-Page.aspx?name=Bite-of-Oregon-Wine&PID=6
Did you know that . . .
• Oregon ranks second to California to the number of wineries, with 314.
• Pinot Noir is Oregon’s most noted wine. No other area in the New World has a climate as ideal as the Willamette Valley for producing this elegant and complex red wine.
• Pinot Gris is the most widely planted white wine in Oregon. There are 1,813 acres of the grape planted, with most vines coming from Alsace, France by pioneer winemakers.
• There are more than 718 vineyards in Oregon.
• More than 40 varieties of wines are produced in Oregon, including Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Cabernet Franc, Tempranillo, Zinfandel, Chardonnay, Riesling, Gewurztraminer, Viognier, Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon.
Wine Bar Presented by SE Wine Collective
Near the Garden Stage and Beer Garden at the North end of the event, you’ll find the Wine Bar Presented by SE Wine Collective. The SE Wine Collective is a unique multifaceted urban winery that was designed to bring together sustainable like-minded wineries and establish a venue for custom crush wine production. The Collective has created several wines specifically for Bite of Oregon attendees: 2013 Collective Rose of Pinot Noir, 2013 “Bite of Oregon” Red, 2013 Collective Pinot Noir and “Bite of Oregon” White. Come experience Portland’s Urban Winery culture at The Bite!
2015 Wineries Coming Soon
The 2015 Wine Pavilion will once again feature a wide variety of wineries representing the diverse micro-climate regions of Oregon. Wineries are located under the cool shade trees of the Waterfront Park adjacent to Oregon Chef Stage with spectacular views of the Willamette River. Sample some great wines and listen to the sounds from some talented local musicians. Enjoy outstanding Oregon Pinots, Chardonnays, Cabernets, Merlots, and many other wines that will tease